Monday, April 13, 2009

Take it to the Next Level: Patience with Technology

Hello. Today has been a lesson in patience, espcially with a person like me who likes the technology when it is up and running and really gets upset when it goes down or breaks.

This morning, I turned on my little red Blackberry Smartphone and realized there was not light on the screen and then when it did come on, no movement on the track ball.

Well 4 hours later, I now have:

1. Gotten a new BB 8830 in silver (the store did not have any red).
2. The Blackberry server or system was down and being fixed.
3. I had to spend some amount of time talking to very nice techical support person with VerizonWireless, who helped me upload my email boxes inspite of the up/down again system.

Phew, I thought, "Thank goodness" for patience and perseverence and counting to 10 a number of times.

I didn't realize how being "off the cell phone and PDA grid" could be so stressful.

I did take time to learn how to manage email better, so I don't blow another track ball deleting each email separately.

And I found that I can get a red phone in October. I like red because I can see it better in my purse.

I know that this story sounds a little trite, but I think that we all go through some sort of technology stressout. It is good that we know how and whom to go to the help us through it.

So enjoy the technology that you have and develop patience, because you too may need it some time.

Wishing you a profitable week and I invite you to send comments about any of the "Taking it to the Next Level" blog messages that are written here.

Next week, I hope to announce some exciting new things happening with LifePath Associates LLC and what it has to offer career changers and job seekers and entrepreneurs who want to start up or grow their business.

Bette Z. Novak
Business-Life Coach
LifePath Associates LLC
Helping Navigate the Seas of Change

No comments: